- Jesse Williams Files for Divorce
- Beyonce Creates Formation Scholars Program
- New Video: Jeremih, Chris Brown & Big Sean-I Think Of You
- Chris Soules Arrested After Deadly Crash
- New Video: Mila J – New Crib
Many of you know Madame C.J. Walker to be one of the first black millionaire entrepreneurs with her vast line of black hair care products. But many are not aware that she was also a civil rights activist.
In 1917 Ms. Walker traveled to the White House as part of a delegation to petition President Woodrow Wilson to make lynching a federal crime.
Follow us on Twitter @ManifestoLo, Instagram @shadystaci and Facebook at Lo Knows! Then Buy Lo’s first book, “The Semester,” HERE!